ARTIST │ PhD RESEARCHER │PROFESSOR
PhD Art & Design ― Doctor of Fine Arts
MFA Master of Fine Arts | Diplôme National Supérieure d'Arts Plastiques
Postgraduate in Aesthetics
Higher Degree – Fine Arts: Multimedia
Higher Degree – Fine Arts: Sculpture
Artistic Creation’s Grant conceded by the Azorean Government. Portugal (2016)
Research Grant by Medeiros e Almeida Foundation. Portugal (2009-2016)
Born in Viseu in 1990, Filipa Cruz lives and works between Portugal and France.
Has a Doctor’s Degree Unanimously Approved with Distinction with the Thesis “Everything I wanted to tell you: The undefinition, illegibility, invisibilityand language’s insuffiency in theartistic practice (Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto ); a Masters / DNSAP in Fine Arts Approved with Distinction (École Nationale Supérieure deBeaux-Arts de Paris-Atelier Burki (DNSAP) with “Félicitations” ); a Post-graduationin Aesthetics (Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne ); a Higher Degree in Fine Arts-Multimedia (École Nationale Supérieure de Beaux-Arts de Paris ).
With publications and participation in international conferences, Filipa questions image-sound-text through synchronous and transversal experimentation.
Filipa is an Integrated Researcher in i2ADS – Research Institute of Art, Design andSociety and is a Professor in Paris College of Art (Paris) and in Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto (Porto). Also collaborated with the Espace des Arts sans Frontières in Paris.
Won Herberto Hélder’s Guest Scientist Grant (2017), the Artistic Creation’s Grant conceded by the Azorean Government (2016) and a Research Grant by Medeiros e Almeida Foundation.
Since 2012, Filipa has held individual and collective exhibitions in Portugal and France.
Participated in numerous international conferences as Speaker.
- Image │ Text │ Sound
- Artist's Books
- Literature │ Poetry │ Creative writing
- Contemporary Art
- Aesthetics │ Philosophy
- New Media
- Undefinition │ Invisibilities │ Illegibility │ Language’s Insufficiency
2018-... Integrated Researcher ― Research Institute of Art, Design and Society (i2ADS). Porto
2017-18 Researcher ― Bolsa de Cientista Convidado Herberto Hélder – Artes 2016/2017, Fondation of Science and Technology (FCT) │ University of Madeira, Portugal.
2018-... Professor ― Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto, Porto.
- Master's Degree: Fine Arts – Practices of Studio and Research │ Seminars of Methodologies of Research II.
2016-… Professor ― Paris College of Art, Paris.
- Master's Degree: Transdisciplinary New Media – MFA Thesis Project │ MA Degree │ Core Studio 1/3 │ Creativity and Technology │ Collaboration and Technology │ CriticalPractice and Technology II.
2016-19 Adjunct Professor ― Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra, Coimbra Education School, Coimbra.
- Bachelor Degree: Communication and Design Multimedia – Animation I │ Animation II │ Video I
- Bachelor Degree: Art and Design – Art Studies │ Art Theory │ Video.
2014-16 Collaborator― Espace des Arts sans Frontières, Paris.
2012-18 Collaborative Researcher ― Institute for Research in Art, Design and Society(i2ADS). Porto
2016 PhD Thesis. Unanimously Approved with Distinction.
- Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto.
- Jury – Bernardo de Almeida;J. Lageira; G. V. Pinheiro; J. Jacinto; J. Quental; J. Paiva; Amaral da Cunha.
2015 Master’sDegree ― Fine Arts. Unanimously Approved with Distinction. [Félicitations]. ENSBA.
- Jury – A. Fabre(Dir. MACVAL);J-C Massera (art critic); M. Tschiember (artist); J-L Blanc (artist).
 Musée d'Art Contemporain duVal-de-Marne
2012-16 Doctor’sDegree ― Art & Design. FBAUP. Approved with Distinction.
2015 Seminar ― Introduction to Analytic Philosophy with Gerhard Schmezer. Université de Paris 8.
2014-15 Post graduation ― Aesthetics. UniversitéParis 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne. Good.
2012-13 HigherDegree ― Fine Arts: Multimedia. Ecole NationaleSupérieure des Beaux-arts de Paris.
2008-12 Higher Degree ― Fine Arts: Sculpture. FBAUP. 17 out of20.
 Diplôme National Supérieur d’Arts Plastiques – Higher National Diploma in Arts
 École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-arts de Paris, Paris.
- Portuguese – Native language
- English – Fluent
- French – Fluent
- Spanish – Fluent
- Arabic – Beginner
References available upon request.
* * *